Monday 3 November 2008

Site Update

Status: Rocking out to my awesome new electric guitar!

Now listening to
Song: Desert Song
Artist: Hillsong

Obsession of the Week: Guitar Solos/Riffs

________________________________________________________________

So, i've decided to try something new on my blog. I've found all these cool penguin pics that seem to have an action for almost everything, so I'm going to try using them as and almost facebook like "status update" thing. That's in addition to the lastfm music profile and new look, which was a long time coming. Oh, and since I always seem to be fixated on some random crap, I thought I might share it for your amusement in the status update above.

Also, I have a new hobby/challenge - learning the electric guitar! I wasn't going to pick it up until after exams, but me being me, I figured I wasn't going to study much anyway, so I might as well do something productive when I procrastinate. As is clearly evidenced by this blog. After only an hour or so, I already have a few chords down, so here's hoping that it won't be as difficult as I thought it was going to be. It has been said by a lot of people that those who have learnt the keyboard or piano find picking up the guitar fairly easy. I have to say, suprisingly, it seems to be the case so far. While my playing is indeed awful at the moment, it's not taking me long to catch on to the basic, so I think I should be alright.

Now, obviously I couldn't put up a post without some kind of witty nerdy link/video thing. I seem to have developed an expectation for myself, so here it is. I'll let you read the story, but for those who don't read and need things simply explained, a scammer gets comically scammed. This should tide you all over until I make a real post later in the week, where I'll probably let my fustration out on Windows Vista. Enjoy.